Ox is a mature 3D XNA game engine ready for use in your free or commercial project. It features a 3D scene system with a visual scene editor, a 2D gui system (also with its own editor), JigLibX physics, fully-integrated XNAnimation animation system, and C# game scripting system.Praise for Ox"...I just have to say extremely good work with this engine, it really is awesome, and saves me a lot of time. So far It's been very easy to work with, and I constantly find nice and helpful features..."
- TorshallNeed to Improve Ox?
Ox is a community project. Remember that you're part of the development process! If you need a particular feature implemented, pull down the source, add the feature, then send post up the changes so that I can put them into the trunk!Getting the Source Code
While Ox's installation program is still published here at CodePlex, the source is now hosted at sourceforge.net. Find it here - https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=256360Scroll down for the features list.Primary Features
And here's some screen shots :)
- Composition-based design using "Components" and "Subcomponents".
- Automatic content / component management system using "Domains".
- Advanced, query-able scene system with optional quad or octree culling.
- Intuitive and natural C# scripting system.
- Data-driven editing systems via -
- Visual GUI editor.
- Visual scene editor.
- Generalized game object editor.
- Editor extension / customization framework.
- Engine extension / customization framework.
- Optimized for the Xbox 360.
- Various useful game utilities (ResourcePool, FifiPool, IQueriableCollection, Ref, Traits, etc.)
- Generalized Camera system with FOV and orthographic implementations.
- An abstract vertex system for building...
- Abstract 3D Geometry.
- ManagedRenderTarget system for abstracting out RenderTarget and its operations.
- Simple geometric primitives for quads, height maps, and boxes.
- Static mutli-textured terrain.
- Directional, ambient and point lighting.
- Directional shadow mapping.
- Fast PointSprite particle system.
- Skybox system.
- Reflective water with normal mapped waves.
- Event-driven gui system with -
- Capability to be driven with mouse / keyboard and the game pad
- Optimized batched sprite drawing system (QuickSprite)
- Dynamically skinnable component system.
- MouseComponent, Button, Label, TextBox, FillBar, Panel, CheckBox, RadioButton
- Portal (for connecting the gui system to your game play)
- Dialog, MessageBox, VirtualKeyboard
- A few simple demos, one of which is purely editor and script-driven.
The scene editor in action -
The gui editor getting down -
The general editor looking plain, but useful -
The JigLibX getting... jiggy with it?
The XNAnimation exemplifying its bad self -
The water making waves -
The normal mapping materializing -
The particles doing their part -
Please check out the latest release of Ox to see if it can be useful for your project!