what up peeps!??!! 0.o

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 2:15 AM
just wanted to say hi.

I really like this engine... it has SO much potential, and Mr Bryan Edds.... I find it hard to believe you masterminded the entire project. It's just so much code, and all of it works flawlessly and seamlessly as intended. Not only did you make it highly extensible, but you also made it "right" - and that's a major thing, especially in game programming. What's more, you brought it all together into this masterpiece - you have a trait I clearly do not, being able to combine that much logic and process flow all in your head, and further bring it to open source community. You've made my life easier in XNA for Xbox, and I really just wanted to say hello to you and everyone, and say thanks and stuff.

So yea, thank you bro. I hope (dependent on how complete my current code becomes) to contribute my developments to your forum, so that others may also continue to basque in Ox's glory. Working on implementing new services that aid in debugging during runtime (Xbox alone that is). Should be pretty sexy. :)
-
Brandon
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM
I'm not that smart :P I just kept reworking it and reworking it and reworking it... (two hours later...) ...and reworking it. That's all :) http://c2.com/xp/RefactorMercilessly.html I do have a couple of design regrets. I feel I should have made things simpler, like maybe used ruby-style 'convention' over all the configuration factories and XML. I factored the code as hard as I could, but I still feel there's too much code overall - even though Ox does a LOT of things. I'm also kind of sad that people don't seem to be using and extending its GUI system - maybe it's too hard to extend with custom GUI components? I also wish there were a LOT more unit tests. I do fail at XP... Finally, I really wish I had more time to work on it and the docs :( Oh well, it's usable enough I suppose if you're willing to read the source code :) Looking forward to see what you can add to Ox :)