Screen Tearing

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Hey guys.

I've just been fooling around with your guys' engine, and I have to say, I'm very very impressed.

I've been goofing around building some basic games just to see how easy it is to get things done, and I'm very happy with everything.

My only issue is that after doing a deployment to my 360, I was noticing some screen tearing, which was really bothering me.

The game is running at 60FPS and I went into the initialization function and put in the call to engine.GraphicsDeviceManager.SynchronizeWithVerticalRetrace = true; but that didn't really stop the screen tearing.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction in terms of getting the vsync all cleaned up.

In the end, its a small problem, but its one of those things that just sucks to see, so I was hoping there was an easy way to clean this up.

But either way, as I said, I'm very impressed with what you guys have here, and my hat is off to you guys!

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:45 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Wow, you know what, I'm a huge idiot.

Right after posting this, I took another look at my code and realized I was missing:

engine.GraphicsDeviceManager.ApplyChanges();

I'm super dumb.

Sorry about this guys.  Just go ahead and ignore me here.  My only complaint about your engine now is that it doesn't yell at me when I'm being stupid. =)

Still meant what I said earlier though, great job here by you guys!

Totally rocks!