This project is read-only.

Xi Game Engine Alpha Todo List

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Here's what I hope to do before going alpha -

1. Expose all surface properties to editor (like terrain textures, normal map, water speed, etc).[DONE]
  2. Add terrain physics.
  3. Add character physics to animated model (or create new actor type Character3D with character physics).
  4. Add water physics.
  5. Remove rounding on shadow edges.
  6. Add 2D physics debug drawing (along with editor selection drawing).
  7. Add 'Select Same Overlay' to editor.
  8. Rename Water to Water3D. [DONE]
  9. Rename Terrain to Terrain3D. [DONE]
  10. Rename SpriteActor to Sprite. [DONE]
  11. Clean up legacy code.
  12. Make Xi codeplex page. [DONE http://xigameengine.codeplex.com/]

Feel free to add to this list, guys!

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Add property like the "design time data" you had in ox to actors.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Add gravity toggle feature to engine and expose from editor.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM

It would be nice to be able to expose the shader for the water to the editor, for colouring the water.... unless thats already there and i cant see it.

possibly also a right click option on the right hand list of "entities" to "Go To Object". moving the camera to the object and back a little, sometimes it can get confusing as to which object you are editing or in fact, where it is.

-bubzy

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:50 AM

hey guys,

I'm not able to work on Xi or Ox this holiday season. For a little while now, I've been afflicted with some type of RSI. It's quite painful and limiting, and I need to concentrate on healing. My priority in healing now has to take precedence over my open source development. It's nearly impossible to say how long it will take this to heal, but I'm sure it won't be soon. Therefore, I have to suspend work on my open source stuff indefinitely. I'm going to keep my job at EA as my highest priority and make healing my second.

sorry about any unfulfilled promises. I'll try to answer any questions as I am able.

cheers and love to everyone -

- bryan

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM

really sorry to hear that mate, hope you mend soon, i know that rsi/carpal tunnel syndrome are very debilitating.  take it easy and hopefully you can return sometime, you have a great thing going here and all the work you have done so far really has been incredible.

Many thanks for everything, see ya around

-Bubzy

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 6:11 PM

i don't know what is rsi but i hope you will recover from this. health is most important thing and you should rest and cure it.

cheers

yokozu

-edit

Now i know!!! you have to move your ass sometimes! you must do something else than coding and working. i know there is a lot things to do, but everyone MUST have some relax and use body to do more than seating and clicking. i'm programist, but i train martial arts, snowboarding (now is really good time for this), skateboarding , playing guitar, going to some gigs, concerts, i do everything for my body to keep it fit and healthy, it really helps. every hour of coding (or simply web browsing) i do pushups and situps, to move my leg and arms (and blood) and that really helps.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Against my better judgment, I did a bit of work on Xi to get it slightly closer to alpha. Let's just see how my wrists feel in the morning :)

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Got Xi project page up and some good progress toward alpha!

http://xigameengine.codeplex.com/

Jun 5, 2011 at 8:26 AM

When the new version will be ready?

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Does the list include FBX support ?  It doesn't seem like Ox/Xi is ready for our team's immediate purposes, since we're using XNA 4.0 and have a tight deadline, but we'd love to see the ability to import assets from Maya et al.