Importing textures via scene editor

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to import custom textures into the scene editor but I get the following errors,

Property value is not valid.

Error loading "8\Projects\{removed directory name}\{removed directory name}\Content\Ox\Models\albatross". File not found.

Not sure what the 8 is for but it's in the output, the file itself is XNA compatible, I've tried both .x and .xnb files. I haven't been able to find  a solution on the forums or in the documentation, any ideas?

I'm really liking the engine, it's a shame it won't see any future updates in favor of XI but I might make some modifications of my own and release them here for those who are still finish projects with the engine.

PS: In case there is any confusion, I removed the directory names since it would have given away the currently unannounced project. :P

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm also playing around with the ox.xml thing but it's not really doing anything not matter how many different combination of paths I use.

Editor
Jan 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM

you have to make sure that the compiled .xnb file is in the editors resource directory. its not enough that its in your project or that a file points to it, it must be in there for the editor to read.

-bubzy

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Yeah I didn't realize the engine had a second content area in its installation folder, it seems to be working fine now provided I draw from that specific folder and have the file present in my Visual Studio project as well.