Scene Editor

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:19 AM
I'm trying to build the Scene Editor, but it seems I can only build it if I have WinForm defined.

#if !WinForm
                Application.EnableVisualStyles();
                Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);
                Application.Run(new WinForms.MainForm());
#else
                Ox.SceneEditor.App app = new Ox.SceneEditor.App();
                app.InitializeComponent();
                app.Run();
#endif

When I don't define WinForm I get an error on all 3 lines.

Program.cs(58,29): error CS0117: 'Ox.SceneEditor.Application' does not contain a definition for 'EnableVisualStyles'
Program.cs(59,29): error CS0117: 'Ox.SceneEditor.Application' does not contain a definition for 'SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault'
Program.cs(60,17): error CS1501: No overload for method 'Run' takes '1' arguments

Am I doing something wrong here?

I merged in your latest code from source control to see if there were any updates, but that didn't fix it.

Thanks
Adam

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Even if you get the SceneEditor to compile, it's not of any use. The SceneEditor is not functional yet. The person who is developing it, Sjef, has taken a break from it. I don't know when the SceneEditor will be functional. So from your standpoint, you might as well act like it's not even there. Because functionally, it isn't.

This is also true for the PlanetaryBody stuff in Ox.Scene. It was more code by Sjef that was only partially developed and thus has no use at this time.

To avoid confusion in the future, I will remove these items from the solution files until they see some actual work done to them.

Sorry for any inconvenience / confusion this has caused.
Aug 13, 2008 at 4:16 AM
Thanks for the update, i'll remove it locally too.

Adam