Documentation?

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Am I missing it, or is there absolutely no documentation for Ox? Not even a "minimal" project example?
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Hi!

If you open up Ox.sln or OxPro.sln, you should see the three "minimal" example projects. The most useful one to get started is the GameDemo project. Right now you have to build your sln manually, but I am thinking about implementing something like a Visual Studio template to do this stuff for you. Would that be something that would help you a lot?

As for documentation, Ox is really well documented inside the code. There's no standalone documentation like a .chm or .html file, but I am thinking of building one for the next release. Let me know if this would be helpful as well.
Feb 11, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Thanks for the direction. 

Yeah, a basic rundown of each of the modules would be very helpful even a basic "getting started" type of doc would be awesome. I've been a developer for years, and know more languages than I can remember, so learning new frameworks isn't a big deal, but so far I've been rather lost with Ox because I don't understand how things like the OxConsts even load. 

So yeah, basically I'm looking for a annotated example. What would even work would be to heavilly document the demos. For instance, what is a GraphicsDevice, and why are we creating it? When we do a engine.Draw() what exactly happens here? 

So yeah, I agree the code is documented well, but I don't even know where to look sometimes. 
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Ya, it looks like a high-level overview document would be really useful. I'm going to make this a top priority then :)
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM
BTW, so far this engine is awesome. I'm excited about using it. 
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Thanks! And let me know if you need anything else :)
Apr 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Hi, i can't find "Ox.sln or OxPro.sln" on my whole system.
In which path it have to be and which installation package should include them?
The only thing i can find is, the predefined project starter kit for the "ox game" in the "new project" tab in vs 2008

Edit:
Okay i found the Solution File with the demos in it, but there is one missing assembly (PresentationDesignDeveloper)
Where i can get it?

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Hi donvitos!

If you want to open those engine project files, you have to download the source. It's here - https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=256360

Thanks for your question :)