Where is the code for the Scene Editor screen size??

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 12:19 AM
I thought I'd find it much easier for some reason(Because it was simple enough to find the other code areas i've been looking for) but for some reason or another I'm blocking on finding the resolution size of the Scene Editor.

I have a big monitor and I was going to try and make the window size re-sizeable.

Thanks for any help there.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Hehe, ironically again, this was already done a few days ago. Just hit the maximize button and, voila!
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM
Sweet It does work!! Yay I have a big monitor(Thanks to the wife) and I want to use all of it that I can.

So I'm going to reuse this thread since we Only have one discussion area and I don't wanna fill it too much.

But I'm going to also make a change that sets the maximum frames per second to 120 because My Video Card seems to be freaking out with a high pitch squeal when it's getting it's 1000 Frames per second(Or any FPS rather it never goes very low). And frankly it's a little unnerving hearing my video card freak out.

I also have a way that I've come up with to organize my tasks in the game project that I'm doing and I'm wondering if maybe you would want to check out my forums and maybe if you are interested create something similar for here to organize commits.(I have them set up to kind of mimic the way I do it at work. but I realize that not everyone has the Agile coding mindset) I'll repost in a few mins and show you.

*Edit*
I mostly think this will accomplish 2 things.

First, I kinda feel like I'm putting ideas out there and working on them and all I'm saying is I'm doing this and there's not a very organized way for me to get your opinion and ask how you feel about the things I'm suggesting I commit.(And if I bring it up here every time It's going to take up a lot of room and the room will consist of things the users of the engine probably don't want to see)

Second, It would allow us to have an open tasks forum where I could see and work on what you feel needs to be worked on as well as opposed to me just doing things that I can see could use some work.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:35 AM
One of the reasons the frame rate is not limited is so the users can get an immediate idea of the performance of their scene. So I think the best solution would be to have some way to limit the FPS that is optional. I may implement a check box on the menu bar to facilitate that. Let me know what you think :)
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 2:37 AM
I like your suggestion better.(I was actually thinking something similar, but your implementation is still better than what I was thinking)
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:59 AM
On my game project, we use xp-dev.com. It seems pretty good. Is your forum thing similar?
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:14 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 3:14 AM
Mine is kind of similar(Based on their feature list), I use forums to do Everything though. I have forums to use as task management and bug reporting(Because bug reports are ussually just going to be converted into tasks) and I have the topic number be the same number I have setup for everything including commit numbers so we can find the request related to an SVN commit) I didn't register and look into xp-dev.com but it seems to accomplish all the same goals other than having a public area in the forums(I couldn't find any pulic forums for a project using xp-dev.com but I am still just assuming they aren't there because I can't find them). But that's a small matter, I'm just wondering if we have anywhere I could see open tasks and post requests(To become tasks) so I'm not just flooding these discussion forums.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Oh... heh... duh. We can just use the place where it's currently hosted - SourceForge. Sign up there and give me your user name so I can get you in :)
Apr 27, 2009 at 4:28 AM
My name on sourceforge is zergleb
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 6:41 AM
Ok! Your password to the repository the same as your SourceForge password :) Please continue to let me know what changes you want to make to the engine before making them.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 6:43 AM
Or, just e-mail me about the changes that you want to make, and then I will approve by assigning you a Task on it at SourceForge.

Cheers!
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Or or, just make a Task assigned to me that tells me to make a Task assigned to you with specified changes.

Heh.
Apr 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM
I have not been given permission to add tasks to sourceforge yet. It says I'm not a member
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Ack, sourceforge is rather cryptic at times :) I gave you even more permissions than you had before, so please try again.

Also, I've figured out (I think) the best way to do tasking. First, create a task for what you want to do, then assign it to me. Then, upon approval, I will assign it back to you :)

Cheers!
Apr 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Actually yes, I was going to say the same thing the first time I sent you a task(Same way as we do it at work)

*Edit* sourceforge works BTW thanks