More Documentation, Now in a .zip Distribution!

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Hi all!

I've added some documentation for the most asked about scenarios. I've also added a .zip file that can be downloaded separately from the engine itself!

Check it out here - http://oxgameengine.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=30892#DownloadId=78417

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Also, please let me know what other types of tutorials you'd like to see!

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I would like to show how you build a little 3d game (nothing special just as example) with a simple menu using the ox engine. I think that would be a good Introduction to the Engine.

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I say good show and very white of you.   It looks like just what I need.  If you don't already work for Microsoft they should jolly well hire you and pay out in a big salary. 

Would it be possible to post some working samples?

Cheers

-John

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I am new to Ox and before i say its great ;) have to test it a little bit. Unfortunetelly i have some problems. Downloaded and installed Ox, source etc. I can compile and run demos, i can make clear Ox project and run it np. So i downloaded this documentation and have some problems.

1. Scripting a scene component, there is step by step how to make one. Its ok but as soon as i change IOxComponent to ISceneComponent like in tutorial is written i get error : Error    2    Argument '3': cannot convert from 'Ox.Engine.Utility.Transfer<Ox.Scene.Component.ISceneComponent>' to 'Ox.Engine.Utility.Transfer<Ox.Engine.Component.IOxComponent>'   and when i dont change it, then i get error:

Error    1    'Ox.Engine.Component.IOxComponent' does not contain a definition for 'Orientation' and no extension method 'Orientation' accepting a first argument of type 'Ox.Engine.Component.IOxComponent' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

2. Loading and scripting gui screens, when im trying to go step by step then i have another problem:

GuiConsts not found, and its not even in the source code i downloaded. (2.1.0.0)

So is this documentation out of date (wrong link maybe?) or i am doing something wrong?

Edit:

Ok nm. i used documentation from source code folder and its working now :)