XNA 3.1 and OX

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Noticed there is no discussion about 3.1 and OX...and no ox template for 3.1...

What's the scoop? I'd really like to try out OX...But I need to use 3.1 for my project.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Hi!

I haven't yet upgraded Ox to XNA 3.1. I'm wondering if others need the upgraded functionality?

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Avatar Animations are pretty cool. J

You know you want to…

;)

Seriously Bryan OX looks like the ENGINE to use for XNA….Keep up the great work.

I can start my project in 3.0 and upgrade when you upgrade. J

-----Original Message-----
Sent
: Monday, August 10, 2009 9:10 PM
To: shane@mshamlin.com
Subject: Re: XNA 3.1 and OX [OxGameEngine:65135]

Hi!

I haven't yet upgraded Ox to XNA 3.1. I'm wondering if others need the upgraded functionality?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OxGameEngine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OxGameEngine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Wellllllll....

I suppose I'll just go ahead and do it now. Bummer that I made a new release yesterday. Oh well :)

Stand by...

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Bryan, That would be really awesome! Thanks! Again...Keep up the great work!

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Bryan are you going to release a new version for 3.1 shortly??

coz this one upgrades just fine to 3.1.... So I believe it is ready for 3.1 and should not be a problem....

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:33 PM
That's wonderful to hear. :) I look forward to seeing a 3.1 version of OX. :)
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:29 PM

Bryan are you going to release a new version for 3.1 shortly??

coz this one upgrades just fine to 3.1.... So I believe it is ready for 3.1 and should not be a problem....

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 7:02 PM

It seems that Visual Studio 2008 Professional is not able to read the upgraded project files...

Anyone have any experience with this going wrong?

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I am not able to get XNA 3.1 installed correctly. Spent several hours on it to no avail. Don't have any more time for it now.

Putting updating to XNA 3.1 on the back burner...

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Aaaaaaaaand now I'm going to try reinstalling VS 2008 Pro in order to get XNA 3.1 installed.

So, now back working on it...

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM

any success with upgrading it to 3.1...

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Hey all!

No success and I'm totally blocked. Tried everything and will probably just have to reinstall windows. Sadly, I won't have time to work on Ox until next month.

Oh well, it already does a lot as it is at least :)

Aug 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Thanks for all your work on this Bryan. Let me know if I can do anything.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:41 PM
To: shane@mshamlin.com

Hey all!

No success and I'm totally blocked. Tried everything and will probably just have to reinstall windows. Sadly, I won't have time to work on Ox until next month.

Oh well, it already does a lot as it is at least :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OxGameEngine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OxGameEngine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

So in an effort to better understand the engine and possibly upgrade it to 3.1...I've downloaded the source and have been ugrading projects and fixing references where it was obvious they needed to be change (all the content directory references) but I'm kind of at a loss as to what should be fixed after that and in what order.

Bryan, if you will give me a good starting point maybe I could get this done for you.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM

With vs pro, you can simply upgrade the solution of last revision by right clicking on the solution and selecting "Upgrade Solution...". 
After upgrading, Ox, I do the same thing for XNAnimation and XNAnimationPipeline with source in the repository Ox. Then I remake the reference with the new XNAnimation release.

With vs pro, you can simply upgrade the solution of last revision by right clicking on the solution and selecting "Upgrade Solution...". 

After upgrading, Ox, I do the same thing for XNAnimation and XNAnimationPipeline with source in the repository of Ox. Then I remake the reference with the new XNAnimation release.

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Hey Alpha...I've had a few failed attempts at getting OX upgraded to 3.1

When you talk  about doing the "Upgrade Solution"....Are you talking about upgrading the main solution file? (Which is like different projects.)

I keep thinking, maybe you are talking about upgrading just a few main projects?

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM
I meant to say...(26 different projects) I suck at multi-tasking.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 3:52 PM

Hey Alpha...I've had a few failed attempts at getting OX upgraded to 3.1

When you talk about doing the "Upgrade Solution"....Are you talking about upgrading the main solution file? (Which is like different projects.)

I keep thinking, maybe you are talking about upgrading just a few main projects?

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2009 at 5:28 AM

You'd also have to update, rebuild, and rebind the XNAnimation component assembly. It is zipped up inside the XNAnimationSource folder :)

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I was actually able to rebuild everything successfully at the office and create a new install and brought it home....

I was hoping the template would show up in 3.1 when I create a new project, but it doesn't. Any ideas?