Problems with the Scene Editor Tutorial (Loading and Changing Game Levels.doc)

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:56 AM

So I just got Ox, and am fairly new to XNA so don't expect too much knowledge about the language.

I'm at the point where Ox should be displaying the nice, pretty scene which I made in the Scene editor, however all it displays is a black screen with the special cursor.

I did everything the tutorial told me to and got an error where it didn't recognize SceneConfiguration.  I did some work and finally got that part to work by adding an Ox.Scene. before it. (I later discovered that the tutorial doesn't tell you to, but you need to put using Ox.Scene; at the top.)  So now it runs.  I have also tried copy-and-pasting the code in the tutorial, changing Levels to OxGame1, and it still produces the same output.

There are 4 "Asset was built 2 times" warnings

and

100 "Cannot find schema"... messages

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM

O yeah...

Current Software:  Windows 7 32-bit.  Visual C# Express 2008.  XNA Game Studio 3.1, Ox 2.1.0.0

Current Hardware:  2.0GHz intel core 2 duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT, 500 GB HDD

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

hmmm... if you really did everything the tutorial-doc asks for, that would be really odd :_( 

hmm..... one silly question: did you add light to your scene in the scene editor?

AFAIK you can ignore those messages - they are also displayed for me but as long as they are only "messages" and no "Errors" you pretty much can ignore them.

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2009 at 11:53 PM

My FirstLevel contains 1 animated model, 1 point light, and 1 ambient light.

My SecondLevel condaint 2 ambient lights, 1 standard model, and one basic model.

Right now I'm trying to get XNA installed on my XP computer so if I can get that working I will see if it works better in that (it might be some problem with DirectX11...)

Well now I'm really wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I got everything installed onto the XP computer (different than the one I had 7 on) and it is still having the same problem.  I copy-and-pasted the code straight from the tutorial so it's probably not the code that's the problem.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Hey killersqurrel,

could you solve the problem ?

I also get the message "Asset was built 2 times with deferent settings". Even if I ignore the message, I can't start the program.

Can someone help us?