So, Like, a Few Changes in SVN...

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Some of you might be wondering about the thousand or so recent changes committed in SVN. I'll explain.

For a year or so I've been regretting my massive overuse (abuse) of C# interfaces. But I had no idea what to do about them, so I justified leaving them in there. For the past month or so, I've been trying and failing to come up with a way to remove them. I'm happy to say that I've finally made a successful attempt. Sadly, this is going affect everyone just about everywhere you're interfacing with Ox. Most predominantly, you'll notice that interfaces you were programming to are gone. Fortunately, the fixes are easy in most cases - just remove the 'I' prefix or replace it with the 'Base' prefix. The latter is preferable where a base class is available.

These changes will be reflected in the next download. But before I make the next download, I'd like to see if anyone finds any bugs amongst the changes I made and to let me modifications stew in my own head.

Apologies as usual for my breaking changes. I really suck. But not much as I sucked when I made the decision a year ago to abuse interfaces :D

Editor
Feb 7, 2010 at 11:02 PM

:) the I's were confusing anyway.

when is the new installer coming out? cant create a new project without it throwing a wobbly:)

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I suppose I could push out a new one as a beta if you need it.

In fact, I think I'll do beta releases from now on. With so many issues on the last release, it would lesson the impact of the problems that slip in.

Cheers!