InvalidOperationException

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Helle there!

This engine got everything i want for now. Great job!

But after installation on this computer i got an error. On an other computer i got this error too but i have fixed it somehow (installing and deinstalling a few versions, manually deleting files and so on). I can't redo this steps e.g. it will not work. I want to use Ox on this computer too so i hope sombody had this error too and can help fix it.

InvalidOperationException

Both a valid vertex shader and pixel shader (or valid effect) must be set on the device before any draw operations may be performed.

I only created a small scene (default:light, terrain, water, skybox) with the scene editor and loaded it in the code. I've tried to debug using the source but i cant get the reason. The error occurred while loading the terrain.

Can you help?

Greetings!

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM

It seems likely that this other computer doesn't have a Direct-X 9.0-compatible video card. Does your other computer has a video card that supports shader model 3.0? If so, please send me the scene document and I will at least be able to test it in reference mode. Otherwise, get a better video card :)

cheers!

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:34 PM

The Shadermodel is supportet on both computers.

ok, there are two example xml files

http://www.magicblades.de/lvl1.xml and

http://www.magicblades.de/lv21.xml

hope this will help

p.s. you are extremely fast! ;)

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I can't reproduce any bug here. Did you uninstall Ox and delete all the files that remain after uninstallation? Usually destroying these files is not recommended, but in your case, you should try it if you have not :) Also, make sure your project has the newest content files that are shipped with Ox.

You might be able to get better debug infotmation if you go into Visual Studio's Debug > Exceptions... and enable "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" for the next debugging session. Be sure to ignore the first few exceptions involve the configuration objects as those aren't relevant :)

Let me know what you come up with :)